The description of Kodi:
Kodi® media center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a hard drive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
The official Kodi version does not contain any content whatsoever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray, or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally, Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. Any other means of watching illegal content which would otherwise be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
The estuary is the new standard skin and is designed to be fast and user-friendly.
With the skin Estouchy, Kodi has now been enhanced to better work with larger 5″ or up phones and tablets. Kodi is not designed or recommended for use with smaller phones.
– Kodi does not supply or include any media or content.
– Users must provide their own content or install one of the third-party plug-ins
– Kodi has no affiliation with any third-part plug-in or add-on provider whatsoever.
– We do not endorse the streaming of copyright-protected material without the permission of the copyright holder.
– To upgrade from a previous version you must have installed an officially released version by Team Kodi. Any other version may cause failure to upgrade.
License and development:
Kodi® is a trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further details, you can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
Kodi® is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license. It includes many third-party libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some GPLv3.0 libraries, the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
Should you wish to help with future development you can do so by visiting our forum for further questions.